Sep 7, 2017

Amos Lassen reviews "This Is Heaven"


Cool, folks, cool. The first official review of This Is Heaven is out, and it's by review celebrity Amos Lassen. Here are a few lines:

I have remarked several times that the sign of good literature is that which makes me think and I have been doing a lot of thinking about Michael Ampersant’s wonderful new novel, “This is Heaven”...

...I must admit that I have already had more than my fill of novels predicting the end of time and vampires. Novels like this tend to appear in cycles and it seems that vampires have become a staple in gay literature. I became apprehensive with where this story was going but something said to me to keep reading and I am glad that I did as many of my favorite historical and literary figures make an appearance here— Shakespeare, Albert Camus, Enid Blyton, Mark Twain, and many other writers appear in cameos. The satire becomes quite strong while we move forward and the characters interact with each other. I surprisingly realized that I was totally pulled into the novel...

 ...Ampersant's wit is wonderful and there were times that I could see him in my mind as he sits at his computer writing this with a wry smile on his face. His prose is gorgeous and his characters are fascinating. For those two reasons alone, you should want to read, “This is Heaven”.


Read Lassen 's entire review here



This Is Heaven, order now...


Michael Ampersant
("click")

...and/or subscribe to our mailing list:





2 comments:

Eirene said...

That is great, wonderful review. And I agree with it all.
- Alex Hogan.

Michael M. said...

Thanks, Alex. Your input was very important. I knew that the first draft was somehow too fussy, but you told me why.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...